Sunday, May 15, 2011

Keen...


This weekend racing is about to start up again for the second half of the season and I’m very keen and motivated.

The last 3 weeks has seen some good times. I completed my first Grand Fondo in Italy the guessed 200-300 starters was actually over 2000!! It was mayhem…I managed to run into follow Aussie Rach Neylan in a random café before the start, which was good. Saying we would stay together for the adventure around Lucca in the Tuscan region only lasted 400meters until we lost each other in the chaotic mass. After 6hours in the saddle and 170k under the belt…I felt like my photo describes one crazy tried person…Simone and Simon completed the crew for the day and are two of the funniest Italian men I have met!

No need for the hair product today...


The week then started with a mini team camp. A nice short two days to touch base with all the teamies.

The girls having a brew after the ride, i'm the only one that ever brings the laptop out at the table...ah well can you blame me, my teamies talk Italian while I tap tap away on the lappy...everybody is happy 



The week has been rounded out with another trip to Lucca to catch up with Adelaide bother Andrew Roe. The coffee machine has been getting a fair working out. 

The brew machine in full swing at Roey's 

Next post will be a race report

Chat later
Ange 

No comments: