Monday, February 21, 2011

And I was like OMG

The first day that i arrived in Italy the steep learning curve begun. 


I have limited internet access so will write blogs as I go and post them when I can.
  
I had a minor hic up with no airport pick up but once that was sorted it has been smooth sailing. I have all my equipment and everything is very nice and professional. We had our team presentation which took the entire day and for me I understood very little so it was a very long day.

I’ve decide to create ‘the list’ on ‘the list’ is notes of the things I’ve seen, heard, what has/ about to happen,  everything along those lines.

‘THE LIST”
-My Italian has improved 100% since I have arrived and i'm picking up quickly
- For dinner you have 4 courses and my team eat as fast as I speak
- I' m averaging 8 coffees a day. As soon as someone says ‘caffe’ everyone yells ‘see see’ and away you go. You have two options espresso and cappuccino.
- My team is great. Everyone is very nice,  as well as the management who have been very understanding of language barrier and are trying to cater to all my needs.
- The food is amazing.
- The country side is everything I imagined and more. So beautiful, with snow cap mountains, small roads, little villages everywhere.
- I’m currently on team camp, and will go ‘home’ to Forli on Monday to get settled down. 3 of the 11girls on the team live near me so i will have good training partners.
- You do everything together, except shower and go to the toilet. Café, training, walking around, washing, going  with each other to do each others chores!

...and of course the photos 

 My first caffe with the team.
 Me the climber and our sprinter Martina. 
 Video of hotel view. 
 Team dinner.
 Before team presentation.
 Before team presentation.
 Outside team presentation.
Photo shoot, more of these pics to come!
Till next time

Angela 

2 comments:

Profisc said...

Love it. Like i love your denim shirt. Awesome ange BOOM!!

alex said...

nice shirt ange!