Monday, March 28, 2011

First World Cup, Trofeo Alfredo Binda.


Keen and ready at the team presentation before the race 
After the race...

I’m the car on the way home from Varese to Forli writing this blog and having to tackle the fact that I DNF in today’s race. I’m angry, annoyed, disappointed, and I’m hanging my head low.  I expected so much more from myself. I wanted to finish, I wanted to be there for my team, I wanted prove I’m a good bike rider to my team and myself.

I made some stupid mistakes the morning of the race and this inevitably saw me not cross the finish line.

So feeling down I went up to Bridie O’Donnell (to say congrats on her efforts today...but I got more then my money's worth!)  I didn’t even get past saying ‘Brava’ before she jumped into giving me a debrief chat on racing in Europe and more specific in World Cup races.  I’m taking Bridie’s advice on board and looking ahead to a week of good training leading up to the next world cup, next weekend… Flanders.

So not the upbeat report I wanted to give you all. FYI it's not fun writing not so positive blogs but this ramble page has to reveal all. I’m sure I’ll manage a couple more blog posts between now and my next. 

Have a good week people.
Link to the results - http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/trofeo-alfredo-binda-cdm/results 
Chat later
Ange 

No comments: